Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Air Time


Can I live inside the piano 
and the trees and the clouds?
run in slow motion towards
your idea of love?
a sweet release
a chance to be believed...

could I sing your song with you?
only healing like a fool
live amongst the living ones 
lay down for mercy doves
begin at the idyllic time
be sure what's in it 
is mine?

a cumbersome way about you
could mean what's right to me
a little lie you whisper
would be the truth to set me free

throw me up like one of your whims
frankly I don't give a damn
there's a certainty inside of me
like running through that silky breeze
that ocean keeps on risin'
and fallin'
with me

oh love
can't you see the curtain's closed?
can't you tell the faded winter
has melted every thought of snow?
a price to pay
every thorn and needle turned
every little ounce of heartache
surely spoke of what it's worth...

a cumbersome way about you
could mean what's right to me
a little lie you whisper
will be the truth to set me free 

No comments:

Post a Comment