Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Call it art



Today I realized I hated my best friend’s art
Colorful and messy like her
Shifting green to purple to black
and all those other colors I don’t mind loathing
Spitting bubbles that float around configurations that make no sense
They cross the line like she does
A consistent basis of emphatic gestures and bold statements
What’s wrong with subtlety? 
Quiet dear one, with your angry strokes marked under loneliness 
Your pretty hands I’ve seen dabble in mischief like a late night thief 
I could be your sad eyes just this once and replenish your misery with black tears
Sit with grace and behold a silent wind around you
You gave me a wound once, but it’s healing
By kisses made a virgin still
Piece by piece they fly over the windowsill 
And you make enough money to keep the rags at bay
Just you wait for that carriage to come one day
To take you farther than you ever imagined
Although I can’t say for sure my love
If I will be able to see it

No comments:

Post a Comment