Monday, November 4, 2013

Cue Sight excerpt

    It’s easy to lay down a cause, to wipe away the musky scent when you finally find the culprit. Letting anything linger for too long can throw you into a mighty fit of rage, for that’s when attachments form and God knows humans will always let down other humans. Then again sometimes you find these people and you look into their eyes and you feel they could never fail you, that your friendship will never falter because they are separate from the others; it is possible to differentiate them in a way where they are incapable of being a mortal of this world. Mind you I haven’t the time to divide such things in a cohesive sense, I just galavant through the social circle with hope in my heart that all of my lovelies are wise and true. 
  A piano sits in the corner of my room but I am not afraid. I do not allow it to drudge up any sort of remorse or insecurity I had as a child, watching my mother flail about with her agile hands below her, carrying her away to a world without children and unfaithful men. Those unfaithful men were the saddest I had ever seen, they flocked at each door as if it were their last, and hers the most glorious of them all. Ahead of them lie a frightening and lowly existence, however their love blinded them and all I could do was laugh my adolescent laugh right in their pathetic faces. Presumably they will deny all of this once they realize that their desires were nothing more than fiction, that my mother would never care about them once the damage that they had nothing to do with was done. She would string them along like dogs of fury, sometimes all of them at once (usually all of them at once) until the hair was pulled carefully from their bodies by her constant needs and pitiful begging. At a time where nothing mattered, where thoughts were seen as a vague existence of a life, she shot the dogs square in the head and watched the blood trickle out of their open skulls, tired and mangled, with a gleam in their eye that seemed to say they were relieved it was finally over. The crisis had dispersed and their souls were lifting towards the heavens to a world of comfort and certainty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment