Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Tossed



Blue crash oyster waves
Twists tales of our time again
Acquire lonely days still
It’s back to Europe with our minds ablaze 
Out of questions
Yet never lost 
Love that long, sudden ended always

Bring only what you want to 
Bring only what you need
After sudden whispers there’s a calling 
I shout your name from my knee
Lay down so I can bring up reasons why it will always work

Open stories daily now
He calls me Hemingway and I tell him not to start it
You 
are perfect
to me
I miss college if nothing more than that moment of forgetting what I thought I’d learned
I saw her yesterday and it turned into today all day long
Forever chasing trails of longing for the story I never really knew
Almost nearing an end of a pseudo-liberal beginning
Because lately it’s because of hesitation I write

I eat alone because I like the yearning 
I accept proposals then invite a cancellation 
I toss up angry gestures so I can’t feel anymore
Engage the people who write books about me
What am I saying, oh illuminating one?
How have I tortured your mind into thinking 
That I am indeed a possibility?

This ardent love completes me
Ever-thoughtful words pour out of my mouth like velvet kisses made for kings
These things I keep like a promise that lay open
A door shuts like a stark mistake
Swing with me forever
Let’s tessellate until we reach the top of the year together
A madhouse of sex and rock ‘n’ roll 

1 comment: