Sunday, September 23, 2012

Ode to you



Loving my history and hating the entity...
Did you swear on it?
Did you put your life on the lies?
My name and your name go together
Like salt and pepper
Come and whisper your sorrows because
Your laughter creates fickle memories
Tell me about the messages you left for everyone but me.
Cheers to you and your wishes
I'm in London still...
And yet I will never be where you want me to be
Drink your apples and ridicule me
When I'm only trying to console your beliefs of who we are and
Who we were meant to be.
Lovely
You are
My hesitant glance
Fast forward to adamant conversations
About frequent trips to Europe
That make no sense of how it actually is with us.
Can you sip my sweetness and tell me that it's over?
You shine with your intoxicating sadness
Cuddle.
Blaming my hatred on loving you
Blaming the hatred on losing you
Back and forth I struggle with your cold mistakes
All of your kindness and punches and smiles and blows and
Oh the bruises you left.
Can I give up after all this time?
Compilations of our troubles
Are my intimate meanings and doubts
I quietly show you my tears
And pray you cry for me as well
The color of ripe tomatoes I get
When I know it's not about me you write.
Breaking News: You forgot your pieces.
I would have been fine without you
You just filled spaces I didn't know I had.
We could have gone dreamer...
We could have car danced to our one destination
When your path was laced with mine
I should leave you behind
To be your own person without my wraths and chains and gate
God I've cured my block
And it was you darling
My love and hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment